SST: 'U' Really Got a Hold on Me/How I Miss My 'X'
SESAME STREET TUESDAY
So I've got a new roommate, one Peter Shirts, and on Sunday he learned of the existence of Sesame Street Tuesday. He excitedly told me that he had a clip idea for me. While I appreciated the gesture, I explained to him that his selection wouldn't exactly fit in with what we set out to do here, which is to celebrate the golden age of Sesame Street (although it should be noted that over the weekend the show won its 115th, 116th, 117th, and 118th Emmys, more than any other program in the history of the Emmy competition, in addition to a special lifetime achievement Emmy on the occasion of its 40th anniversary).
Although I may not be using Peter's suggested clip, it did get me thinking about the whole "popular musicians doing a rendition of their popular songs in a Sesame Street context" genre. There are many worthy choices, and in the end I decided to give you a double shot today. So here's Smokey Robinson and Patti Labelle, respectively:
Doesn't that make you wish you had a big, cute foam letter to squeeze (or to squeeze you)? Happy Sesame Street Tuesday.
Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert
-
I dreamed that I was passing through Arizona with a bunch of friends from
Ann Arbor en route to Utah, but just before our caravan reached the border
we pas...
No comments:
Post a Comment