Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What Dreams May Come

It's no longer good enough to have just one measly blog. A lot of my friends have set up second blogs (like her and him, or in her case, a third blog), and I have been feeling a bit left behind. A second blog sounded like a fun side project, like when George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne, and Tom Petty all got together in the late 80's to form a goofy side band, The Traveling Wilburys. The material could be more specialized and adventurous.

I spent many weeks contemplating around what theme I could build a second blog, and finally in a conversation with Amy Jeppsen I stumbled upon the idea of creating a blog about my dreams. That night I had a dream that I started a dream blog, and it was called What Dreams May Come (in the dream I kept insisting that it was a Shakespeare reference and not an homage to Robin Williams).

My dreams are one of my favorite things to talk about, but oftentimes I end up forgetting them because I don't tell them to anyone or record them. So earlier this month I blogged about a dream I had and it was so much fun to write that I decided that I would launch the dream blog as soon as Albert Herring ended and I had a little more free time. That is now, so here it is:


To whet your appetite, here is a preview of the first post:


I hope you'll enjoy reading about the strange and whimsical things that I dream. But please don't psychoanalyze me too much.

P.S. - The morning after I had the dream in which I started a dream blog, I told my roommate Micah about it and he told me I should name the blog "The Dream-Catcher," since the blog serves as a means to catch my dreams. I thought that was clever, but I couldn't disobey the dream that told me to name it otherwise. I did, however, make a little dream-catcher logo to put on the side in honor of his suggestion.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Well I have 4 blogs, although 2 are private. So there! I love the traveling Wilburys, they bring back a lot of Jr. high memories. Good luck on your entrance into the multiple blog world.