On Friday we must say goodbye to one of the great television experiences of my lifetime: Battlestar Galactica. For those of you who have never watched it during its four-season run, I know what you are thinking, because I thought it too. Sci-fi? Sorry, I don't do sci-fi. But I kept hearing raves from all the critics and word of mouth from a few friends so I decided to jump on the BSG bandwagon and I got sucked in within a few minutes of the miniseries that launched the series. The show may be set in space, but it's hardly your stereotypical science fiction show. It's essentially a story about the Government, the Military, and the Church, and it speaks to all generations that have lived during wartime. It's a gripping, exciting, intellectually riveting, visceral experience, and if you have avoided it just because of the spaceships, you're doing yourself a great disservice (the same advice goes for Buffy the Vampire Slayer).In honor of the series finale of Battlestar on Friday, I present my very earliest encounter with science fiction:
P.S. - Happy St. Patrick's Day!


3 comments:
Love this one too! :)
I love it! I was laughing out loud. I remember it being one of my favorites as a kid, but like so many of these clips, watching as an adult is an entirely different experience.
And ditto to everything you said about Battlestar. My little sister calls it my nerd show, even though I have tried so hard to explain that I watch it because it really is great television - some of the absolute best out there.
Thanks for posting the yip yip aliens! I LOVE them! There are so many great clips - but the radio is definitely in the top 3!!!
Post a Comment