I rejoined the workforce yesterday. After several years of working only sporadic hours as a graduate student instructor, I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to make it through a full 8-to-5 day, but the day actually flew right by. The first day on the job is always a little strange with training and tours of the facilities and whatnot, so I won't really get a sense of what the job is actually like for a little while. However, based on today I think I'll survive the baptism by fire just fine.
The application process for teaching positions is still in full swing, but I'm really glad that I can take a break from the search for an immediate position. I was getting pretty tired of this:


2 comments:
This makes me think of the moment in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" when the blind seer declares "I have no name" and Everett responds, "That may be why you're having trouble finding gainful employment." Best of luck!
Congrats on the new job! I hope you acclimate well in the new environment. We're excited for you!
Post a Comment