I had a fun time putting together my "Obliquely Christmas" playlist and just after Christmas I came up with a similar project that might become a monthly feature on my blog for the next year: a playlist for every month of the year with songs that either explicitly or passingly referenced the current month. A lot of obvious selections sprang to mind: "November Rain," "A Long December," "September Song," etc., but like the "Obliquely Christmas" set I wanted to mix in some out-of-left-field choices as well.
I was all excited to launch the series at the beginning of January, but I ran into a snag: January doesn't seem to be a very inspirational month for songwriters. At least not inspirational enough to assemble a full-length playlist. So here we are, nearing the end of January, and I have only a few songs to offer, but even if I only have 3-4 songs for a particular month, by the end of the year it will be one big, healthy playlist. I hope these selections add to your enjoyment of the final days of January:
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: February is looking to be a pretty paltry month for songs as well, so I need your help to fill out the playlist. If you have a favorite February jam, please tell me about it in the comments (or if you have any January suggestions to add to this playlist).
Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert
-
I dreamed that I was passing through Arizona with a bunch of friends from
Ann Arbor en route to Utah, but just before our caravan reached the border
we pas...
15 years ago

1 comment:
Another good January song is "New Year" by Kissaway Trail.
And if February were to end up completely dry, you could just set your playlist to play "I Got You Babe" over and over and over again...
Post a Comment