Friday, February 20, 2009

Free Stuff Finds Me

I have a well-documented way of finding free stuff, but sometimes free stuff has a way of finding me. I am currently killing time until my bus comes at a public computer next to Beanster's Café in Pierpont Commons. I was just wondering what I was going to eat tonight when suddenly my brand new BFFs Jason and Corie asked me if I wanted a free parfait, or two, or six. Heck yeah! Do they know who they are asking? Due to Spring Break they are closing down for the weekend, and they were just going to throw everything away. Did I want to wait for another twenty minutes and then some more free stuff? Why sure! What could I possibly do to kill twenty minutes? Blog about it! So here is what I got for missing my bus and waiting another twenty minutes:

The actual retail value: $4.75 (large house salad) + $3.95 x 3 (three chicken Caesar salads) + $3.50 (small Greek salad) + $3.25 x 6 (six fruit parfaits) + $2.25 (regular croissant) + $1.00 (asiago cheese bagel) = $42.85 in free food! What a way to kick off my long-anticipated Spring Break! My roommates are in for a surprise too (I'm not that much of a glutton).

And now it's just about time for the next bus. Bon weekend!

The note I left for Jason and Corie.

P.S. - I probably could have taken more, but somebody from the adjacent Quizno's said that they were going to order a hit on me if I didn't leave enough stuff for them. If they were Subway Sandwich Artists, I would have scoffed at them, but you don't wanna mess with Quizno's.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You scored yourself a regular Spring Break buffet! Kudos!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Ha! I love it! Subway Sandwich artists... you crack me up. Have you guys eaten all the food yet?