Monday, June 6, 2011

SST: Children's Alphabet

SESAME STREET TUESDAY

A classic clip today that I've been looking for forever. It was aired so often that I'm surprised that is the best version I could find.


It's also surprisingly difficult to find the clips where the the kids run around like crazy in fast motion and then lay on the ground to form different letters of the alphabet. (It's very easy, however, to find these later, lame variations on that same idea.)

P.S. - I made a joke about Sam's talking computer on Today's Special at work today and drew blank stares from my coworkers. I know I'm getting older, but many of them are around my same age and surely I'm not the only one who remembers Today's Special. Or am I?

7 comments:

Tyler said...

I remember Today's Special very fondly. Thanks for posting the intro. It took me right back.

Emily said...

Loved Today's Special. And the alphabet dancers.

Peter Shirts said...

When I watched the Today's Special intro, I realized I had it pretty much memorized. Especially the cartoon hat that grows to fill the whole screen. I don't remember much of the content at the moment, except a story about a kingdom who were cursed to have long spoons.

elliespen said...

Today's Special was my favorite show growing up. I even dressed up as Muffy Mouse for Halloween one year.

Sweet Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweet Lily said...

It seems that elliespen and I have more in common than I thought.

Anyway, Today's Special was my life! Today's Special was my soul!

Rock* said...

Hocus-Pocus-Alama-Gocus

(or whatever)

classic.