Tuesday, August 10, 2010

SST: Homemade Popsicles

SESAME STREET TUESDAY

Greetings from my new digs in Moorpark, California. I got here Thursday night and for the time being I'm staying with my sister and her family:

Right after I got here they ran out of popsicles. My sister told me that they used to make homemade popsicles but they have fallen out of the habit. I suggested getting a box of Otter Pops, which is what transpired. Not a very interesting story, but it did make me think of this old Sesame Street clip:


P.S. - I consider myself to be an expert on all things related to Otter Pops - there were a few summers in recent memory where they were my primary source of nutrition. I find there to be a lamentable amount of misinformation in the world concerning the best methods of preparing and consuming them, so last summer I began a blog post called "Otter Pop FAQ" to pass along my wisdom. However, as I conducted my preliminary research for the post I realized that my Otter Pop affection had already made me the butt of many a joke among the Hill Street crowd, so I left the post unfinished and unpublished.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I would request that you now publish the "Otter Pop FAQ" post for a couple of reasons.

1) Nick loves Otter Pops, though now he is actually eating the Aldi Italian Ice version of the popcicle in a bag.

2)I recently figured out what FAQ means. No kidding.

Emily said...

Here's one for you to answer:
Why do they even make blue? Who likes blue? I don't even know blue's name because I never spend time with that otter.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Sad, I didn't know there was a group in Hill street devoted to making you the butt of otter pop jokes! I feel so left out.

elliespen said...

I would also like to see the Otter Pop FAQ. Otter pops are definitely amazing and underrated. And also a contributing factor to the success of my marriage. My husband eats the green, purple and orange ones, I eat the blue, pink and red, thus ensuring that there are no lonely, leftover unwanted Otter Pops cluttering up the freezer. Go teamwork!