As I've been cleaning I've been thinking about all those cable shows about people who compulsively hoard things that my roommate Seth loves to watch. Whenever I watch with him and see the way that clutter can paralyze people's lives it makes me want to go into my room and get rid of thirty pounds worth of stuff. Moving is a great motivator to get rid of stuff and every time I pull the trigger and toss something in the garbage I feel so much lighter.
This post has turned out much longer than I planned and I'm hosting Brian Presents: Rebecca in a few hours (the final Brian Presents: of the Ann Arbor era - sniff, sniff), so I've got to get back to organizing/cleaning. Maybe I'll give away a bundle of pencils to everyone at Brian Presents:.
P.S. - As I've been packing/blogging I've had the cartoon version of Charlotte's Web on the TV in the background. Right now it's the scene where Templeton is going nuts eating all the garbage at the fair and I'm remembering a time when I was little and my whole family went to the Wilkinson's to watch BYU play in the Holiday Bowl. I went a little overboard eating my mom's "Marshmallow Munchies" and I felt sick all night. My sisters all called me "Templeton" for a while after that and it made me sooooo mad. But I'm over it now. See - I'm getting rid of emotional baggage too!

1 comment:
I had a teacher in high school who used to always accuse us of stealing his pencils. In fact, I remember him once yelling, "WHICH ONE OF YOU KLEPTOS STOLE MY PENCIL?!?!?!" I thought it was really funny that a) he yelled that at us and b) we were all kleptos in his mind - it was just a matter of determining which of us kleptos stole that particular pencil. Too bad you weren't in that class. It would have been obvious. ;)
Great Brian Presents: tonight, by the way. Except that I was totally spooked on the way home. But I still liked the movie a lot.
Post a Comment