Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert
-
I dreamed that I was passing through Arizona with a bunch of friends from
Ann Arbor en route to Utah, but just before our caravan reached the border
we pas...
15 years ago


4 comments:
On Wait Wait Don't Tell Me this weekend there was a dialogue with a listener contestant that went something like this:
Contestant: This is John Jones from Salt Lake City.
Peter Sagal: How are things in Salt Lake?
Contestant: Things are great if we can beat the Lakers this weekend.
Peter Sagal: "We?" Are you yourself playing?
Contestant: It's a team effort.
I used to be a little confused when you used the term "we" while talking about the Jazz. I couldn't quite figure out who you were including in the "we." It took me a long time to figure out that "we" is a term Jazz fans use to talk about themselves and their team and all other Jazz fans as a collective. So the dialogue on Wait Wait made me laugh.
In other words, sorry for the loss. I know it's personal.
My condolances. Why does it always have to be the Lakers that prevail? Just once I'd love to see them packing...
Saturday night was a heartbreaker but last night was a tearjerker. Your SST was perfect. Oh,well.... Pau is amazing, Kobe is just plain mean, but you have to feel good for how awesome Derek played. He is a good guy. Deron Williams summed it up pretty well for the Jazz- they are a playoff team and not a championship team right now. "We've" got to get some awesome big men to go with the rest of the gutsy Jazz. And, they showed how a team should play together- sharing the ball and playing their hearts out. Being down 22 and then coming back to within 5 makes you pretty proud of those guys, even in defeat.
Perfect clip. I don't remember that one. Sorry about the series.
Post a Comment