The damage is so large that it looks like maybe a car went off the road and straight through the fence. As I mentioned in my very first blog post, this fence is one of my favorite things in Ann Arbor and one of the reasons why I choose to live where I do. Last summer I got a chance to meet the creators, who have signed the fence as "Erica and Her Beautiful Friends," while they were out working on a section of the mural adjacent to the now-destroyed section. I was glad to have the chance to thank them for all of the beauty and fun they have brought into my life every day for the past few years. Whatever happened to the fence, I hope no one got hurt and they can soon return the fence to its former glory.However, I think that the wrecked section of the fence is not nearly as tragic as this section:

3 comments:
At the age of seven, I am 100% certain I would have named this scene as the number one greatest film moment of all time.
I saw the fence damage when I was out running the other day. The very first thought that crossed my mind was the obliterated portion of the fence had to be the unpainted part, because (in a karmic sense) that was the only portion of the fence that could possibly draw such devastation. It turned out I was wrong, but it was an intriguing thought while it lasted.
Sad! I do always wonder about the unpainted section, too. I think those people MUST hate puppies, kittens, Christmas, Care Bears, and all things cute and cuddly. It's been a while since I've done a Stare, but I'll start warming up! (Also, if it WAS a car that went through the fence, I hope no one actually did defenestrate! :( )
I love the car bear stare, I need to work on that as well, but it gave me a good laugh to remember the depth of feeling I used to put into those stares. Elisa
Post a Comment