I have only been a computer owner for two months now, and I feel like finally starting to get the hang of it. I spent so many years using public computers at school or the library, where you aren't allowed to install any programs or customize any features whatsoever. But this week I realized that if I am allowed to change the wallpaper on my computer if I want to. Emboldened by the wallpaper change (pictured on the left, it is my criminally underappreciated 'Gelatina Colorida'), I realized that if I could make other such bold moves such as downloading iTunes and putting my music on my computer.But one of the favorite things about computer ownership is that I can check the "Remember me" box so I don't have to type my user ID and password every time I log into my email, Facebook, my blog, etc. In fact, I can open up a row of tabs in my browser and it will remember them the next time I open the browser up. That may not seem like a big deal but it's a nice little time-saver because there are a few sites I immediately want to look up every time I hop on the internet. So I've spent the last week or so playing with the lineup trying to attain the perfect order of tabs to remain in my permanent rotation, and I've settled on a system that I think will have staying power:
Maybe it's just me, but I've grown kind of fond of my foursome of permanent tabs (the 'Tab Four'?) So I was wondering if anyone else out there has come up with a winning order for their personal browser tabs. Click the comment link and brag about your tabs.

2 comments:
Even though I love tabs, I don't keep a standard set of them. But I have my go-to websites that I visit one by one almost without thinking about it: Gmail, Blogger, Facebook. New York Times online. My blog tracker to reassure myself that people are still reading my blog even when they're not commenting. My school email only because if I don't force myself to make it a go-to website, I'll forget to check it for days at a time. And Allrecipes.com - if I have more than four tabs open it's almost guaranteed that at least half of them will be recipes I'm contemplating.
I think mine are probably my blog(s), gmail, facebook, cnn, and maybe one other that I'm not willing to admit (it's not bad, don't worry!!).
Post a Comment