Tips to those who want to dress up as Spike for future Halloweens: if you are at the costume store and you are faced with the choice of yellow hair spray or white, go with the yellow. Spike has Billy Idol-style bleach blond hair (Spike claims that Billy Idol stole that look from him) and I thought that white might approximate that color a little bit better, but instead it just made me look old. And I couldn't say I was Spike as an old man because vampires don't age - Spike himself is pushing 150 years old.Other than that, I felt like my costume was a success and I had fun in my costume. I even had about a dozen people correctly identify me without any help. That showed me that maybe there is hope for America after all.
I had made it known that I was going to dress as Spike a few weeks in advance, and a few friends expressed interest in forming a Buffy group with me, namely Kristen Bates (as Buffy) and Brian Starr (as Angel):
I think Kristen has a nice season 1 Buffy vibe going (Buffy was a brunette early on before making the switch to her iconic blond hair), and Brian Starr is always drawing Angel comparisons in real life, but he really nailed the Angel brooding face for this picture.P.S. - If you look closely, you can see that I even replicated the scar on Spike's left eyebrow, incurred while he battled a Chinese slayer during the Boxer Rebellion (as seen in "Fool For Love," season 5, episode 7). Yes, I am that nerdy when it comes to Buffy.

7 comments:
Your costume was awesome, Brian! Too bad Christine did not participate in the Buffy theme; she would have appreciated it just as much as you did.
I love that you went as Spike for Halloween! I'm currently in the middle of season 5 after taking a bit of a break. But as always, loving it!
He he he! My roommate Ruth and I have been rewatching Buffy. We're in Season 3. Good times. NICE!
We love your passion for Halloween, both with the "Save the Pumpkins" and the accurately researched costume.
I've only ever seen one episode of Buffy, and it was a Halloween episode.
I can't wait to start watching the series! Thanks for letting me borrow season one.
good ones.
I loved being Buffy, and you looked great as Spike Brian! Thanks for everything this weekend :)
Post a Comment