
Thanks to all who made Brian Presents: Double Indemnity a success. It was the 27th Brian Presents: overall and we had 13 participants - an ideal number, if you ask me. The evening was very enjoyable - except for the part where Elizabeth Downey was schooling me at Dr. Mario.
I've long wanted to do a showcase of the two great comedians of the silent era, Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin. I've already shown Chaplin's The Gold Rush, but that was during Brian Presents: The High School Years, and we've had a complete personnel turnover since then, so I am going to show it again, pairing it with Keaton's Sherlock Jr. These two men are such geniuses and they made such wonderful, inspiring, and hilarious movies that I think it is a crime that many of my generation may go through life without seeing their work.
So stay tuned for Brian Presents: Sherlock Jr./The Gold Rush in November.

4 comments:
Yes! I'm so honored to be mentioned in your blog. And I'm glad you acknowledged my Dr. Mario skills. Don't worry Brian, I have schooled many many people in Dr. Mario over the years. I think we should have a rematch though. I love that game.
Oh, I should also mention that Brian Presents was a lot of fun! That was a great movie, and the limeaide was so good. :) Thanks for the good time!
I agree with Elizabeth both about the enjoyable evening and the great limeaide! Well, and also about the fact that she has schooled many people in Dr. Mario over the years. No one sees it coming...
I really enjoyed the show, plus the after events. It's surprising what I don't know about things!
I am sorry I missed it. I will definitely have to come to the next one.
Post a Comment