Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quick Hi from Rio

I only have a minute, but I just wanted to check in from Rio. I got here on Sunday night and it has been raining and super cloudy the whole time I´ve been here, so we haven´t been able to do all the Rio things you´re supposed to do - go to the giant Cristo Rendentor statue up on top of Corcovado, take the gondola up to the top of Pão de Açúcar, or go to the beach in Copacabana or Ipanema. It´s supposed to keep raining until we leave on Thursday morning, so I guess we´ll just have to miss out.

Still, it´s cool just being in Rio, and it´s been so great to meet up with Maggie. It´s so fun to have a travel companion after a whole week of roaming around by myself. We´ve done a bunch of things that were really fun, liking getting soaked in the Jardim Botânico and a fun day trip up in the hills to Petrópolis, were the palace of the emperor Dom Pedro II is. Maggie and I took a tour of the palace and then we took a horse-driven carriage ride around the city and it was a blast.

My last couple days in Campinas were really incredible. I´m planning to elaborate on certain experiences later on, but right now we´re on the move all the time there´s not a whole lot of time to write.

I´m about to collapse from exhaustion, so boa noite.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad both of you are having fun! And also that Campinas was as great as you remembered it, even without the rose-colored missionary-glasses :).